Metrology Engineer - Inspection / QUality
You can view all our current jobs here.
Are you working within Quality and looking to move to a large, secure company who value their employees? We are recruiting for a Metrology Engineer who will look after all work within the department within the metrology department, managing a small team of quality technicians as well as measuring components.
· As well as the daily work schedule of your Technicians you would be conducting their annual appraisals, monitoring day to day things like timekeeping, holiday requests, Return to work interviews and managing any absence.
· Training and monitoring measurement methods performed by others under your supervision.
· Resolving any issues with drawings and information
· where necessary, Update department procedures and ensure that that they are being adhered to.
· create reports with supporting evidence which are updated daily during testing
· checking equipment is to ensure it is operating correctly so your team can carry out their role
Byusing your great communication skills you'll work closely with this companies suppliers and ensuring outsourced manufacturing projects are ultimately delivered to expected standards.
This role is paying up to £35000 but that does depend on experience and/or suitability for the role. benefits include 5 weeks holiday, parking, pension scheme (contributory), subsidised canteen, cycle to work scheme, Discount scheme (for various shops and businesses).
The company is easily commutable from Portsmouth, Southampton, Waterlooville, Fareham, Cosham, Havant and surrounding areas.
What do I need?
· It is essential that you have a strong understanding of engineering principles including metrology and measurement techniques
· Ideally educated to ONC / HNC or equivalent within an Engineering Discipline
· Able to read and interpret technical drawings
· Competent using Outlook, Excel, Word, Windows etc
· Some experience in 3d scanning or CMM equipment
· Some experience of working with PCDMIS software
· Automotive / Aerospace experience would be ideal but similar industries may be considered
· Basic engineering and mechanical skills (experience in the use of meters, hand tools).
· Happy to look after a small team of technicians - some experience in this area would be helpful but isn't essential
Please apply, or you can ring Tracy on 02392 483944 anytime to submit your application and learn more.
FPR Group is acting within the capacity of a Recruitment Agency for their client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…