Network Enforcement Officer
You can view all our current jobs here.
Network Enforcement Officer
£13.40 per hour
Full time Temporary role
About the job:
You will work within a forward-thinking network management team responsible for delivering duties under the Network Management Act 2004 for the expeditious movement of traffic on the highway network of West Sussex and that of any neighbouring authorities. You will support the promotion of any of the company's initiatives and transport and traffic schemes including elements of the company's Transport Plan. To do so you will ensure that utility companies and other persons under Permit and / or licence, carry out works on the public highway safely and in accordance with the New Roads and Streetworks Act 1991, Traffic Management Act 2004 Scheme and other relevant legislation and council policy.
You will also be responsible for responding to, and resolving, a range of customer issues relating to the licensing of temporary obstructions to the highway, and to take a lead in enforcement for infringements. You will support the day to day activities of the Network Management Team and be the council's interface in respect of the provision of Network Management Compliance. You will achieve this by co-ordinating and minimising the impact of work sites on the highway network by permit condition to ensure that the work sites are run professionally. The role will include undertaking site visits, which may mean being exposed to unpleasant environmental conditions, due to being outside.
To carry out a range of monitoring tasks to ensure that organisations carrying out Streetworks comply with statutory requirements in terms of the accurate and timely submission of information, permits and requests.
To schedule and carry out inspections of the highways for Streetworks, compliance and licencing, taking account of the frequency of the need for inspections, the findings from the previous inspection, and any other relevant information.
To monitor compliance for Streetworks, Licencing, moving traffic violations and other offences and issue penalty notices using CCTV and ANPR office-based systems.
Where necessary, to pursue technical advice on solutions with a Senior Network Compliance Officer, in order to provide the works promoter with the best information in order to carry out the work without needing further information.
To represent the company at meetings with works promoters, and answering questions - for example, meetings about traffic management, reinstatement and licence applications.
To provide advice and support to the Permit Officers, for example, in the placing of traffic management by suggesting solutions to problems.
To contribute to the income target for fixed penalty notices and compliance fines:
- Compliance £40,000
- Coordination £5,000
- Licence and Enforcement £5,000
To use a range of software, including hand-held terminals, for the reporting of faults, writing reports and documents, sending emails etc.
- The job requires concentrated mental attention over lengthy periods and prolonged concentrated sensory attention in order; to take minutes, word process documents, and prepare complex documents for distribution.
- Initiative - uses initiative to independently respond to unexpected problems or situations e.g. a change of client priority for particular tasks.
- The work will sometimes involve exposure to people or subject matter, which occasionally place emotional or environmental demands on the job holder.
- The role may be required to occasionally lift or carry items e.g. stationery supplies.
Qualifications and experience:
- Educated to Diploma / A-Level standard, or equivalent qualification, or equivalent
- New Roads and Street-Works Supervision
- Level 1 Police Contractor Vetting (once appointed).
- Experience within Network Management or equivalent area, including an understanding of the way in which roads are built and
- Experience of a coordinating role including traffic management, drawing together a range of
- Experience of carrying out inspection
- Experience of effectively working with other agencies, stakeholders and members of the
- Essential that you have Street works accreditations and experience of Sites inspections, and a permit inspection.
Monday - Friday full time
This position will be a work from home role. You will also be given a van vehicle for site visits.
£13.40 per hour
If you would like to be considered for the role and hear more details please contact Sophie at FPR Group's Chichester office.
FPR Group is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.