Network Permit Officer
You can view all our current jobs here.
Network Permit Officer
£11.96 per hour
Maternity Cover - 1-year temporary contract
About the job:
In this exciting opportunity, you will be working as part of the Network Management Team. Your function is to ensure that all activity is planned, inspected, processed and carried out in accordance with regulations. To plan, co-ordinate, monitor and inspect the activity of public utility companies and other contractors, in order to ensure that all road works are carried out within the boundaries of a strict legal framework. If you believe this role is for you, read on and get in touch today.
- To provide technical and specialist and operational support within the Highway and Streetworks business area with minimal supervision to a high standard to include managing the progress of a matter and ensuring deadlines are met, e.g. drafting advice, issuing licenses.
- To handle a full caseload and manage priorities and tasks with minimal supervision. E.g. licence applications for certain activities on the public highway.
- To undertake site visits and project meetings as required examining customer requests and technical proposals or obtaining field based evidence for licensing issues.
- To produce accurate documents such as licences, letters before action using the appropriate IT systems and using a detailed working knowledge of the relevant legislation and procedures and to produce such work in urgent circumstances when required.
- To analyse and interpret complex information, providing technical advice and take responsibility for all the technical and legal requirements of a matter with minimal guidance as necessary from the Team Leader.
- Ability to interpret complex information and to use this to draft technical letters, reports and legal documents with guidance as necessary.
- To liaise with client departments, members of the public, contractors and local councillors as appropriate to provide clear and concise specialist advice and guidance.
- Responsible for enforcing regulations which have a high direct impact on individuals e.g. serving legal notice for removal of scaffolding.
- To complete semi-routine correspondence and file notes, checking reports and statements.
- Responsible for processing, invoices or other financial documents e.g. Issuing fixed penalty notice, processing licence application fees.
- The work may involve demonstration of own duties, or advice or guidance to new employees, or other financial documents e.g. Issuing fixed penalty notice, processing licence application
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant legislation, organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice.
- Supports equality and diversity and respects customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin.
- The role requires lengthy periods of concentration in order to draft technical letters, reports and documents.
- The post holder may be required to occasionally lift or carry items e.g. stationary supplies.
- Initiative - The work involves working within recognised procedures within which the jobholder is required to organise own workload. The work involves making decisions as to how and when duties are to be carried out and responding independently to unexpected situations e.g. checking key issues such as whether a proposed settlement is acceptable.
- Ability to travel independently to various meeting venues and other locations across the country.
- There is a regular and intrinsic requirement to communicate in English with members of the public.
Level of Knowledge:
- Relevant theoretical, practical and procedural knowledge of systems, relevant legislation, policies and practices in an appropriate specialism.
- Sound and accurate Information Technologies knowledge e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Detailed Knowledge and be competent in the use of "Confirm" and Symology "insight" systems.
Monday - Friday full time 37 hours per week
If you would like to be considered for the role and hear more details please contact Sophie at FPR Group's Chichester office.
FPR Group is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.