You can view all our current jobs here.
CHICHESTER, UP TO £42,000 DOE
FPR Group have been given an exciting opportunity to recruit for a talented individual looking for a new opportunity as a NPD Technologist. This role will suit a self-motivated and enthusiastic foodie with excellent communication skills who is ready to take the next step in their career. If you believe you meet the requirements listed below, please apply and get in contact today.
You will be responsible for the improvement of existing products and for the development of new products to help drive the growth of the business. You will work in collaboration with internal teams and key stakeholders to drive innovation. The purpose of this role is to ensure the NPD function develops and deliver commercially viable products in line with our growth strategy.
You will work cross functionally in partnership with the Commercial, Sourcing and Procurement functions, Production and Technical/Process teams in the development of new products from concept through to factory handover.
- Assist the NPD Manager in the daily project management of strategic and customer led projects.
- You will be a key NPD point of contact answering queries from the customer development and technical teams, supporting the commercial team with retail customers, recipes, presentations and market insight
- Manage new and existing projects through to factory handover.
- Ensure deadlines are met in line with the launch process and critical paths, supporting the company objectives on cost.
- meet the needs of our customers, whilst ensuring products are safe, legal, meet the quality standards and require gross margin.
- Attend customer meetings/presentations where required.
- Lead detailed product feasibilities and handovers
- Co-ordinate trial outputs and Product specification information related to trials. Ensuring products are in line with food safety, quality, and customer codes of practice
- Support the process development team to ensure an ability to match the developed product and achieve Kitchen vs Factory sign off in the Critical Path.
- Ensure product files are built and maintained through the launch process.
- Working cross functionally with Technical, Process and operations to ensure alignment through all stages of the process.
- Previous Project Management experience.
- Min 5 years' experience in food manufacturing environment.
- Ideally have experience within the food industry working with a baby food manufacture.
- BSc or equivalent in a Food related discipline.
- Competent with all major software packages
- Knowledge of thermal processing will be an advantage.
- Monday - Friday 8.45am - 5.00pm
- £42,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Free parking
We are looking to set up interviews as soon as possible, so if you are excited by the sound of this job opportunity CLICK APPLY today or if you would like to hear more information contact Sophie on 01243-778021
FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.