OneTouch Technician (MET, Panel & Paint req.)
You can view all our current jobs here.
Our client is the leader in the field of vehicle repair, with many sites around South East England; we are currently looking for a One Touch Technician to join the team in the brand-new site in Eastleigh, Hampshire. You will be working with a team who takes pride in all their work, appreciating the needs and importance the of customers' satisfaction. The company's aim is to offer minimum turnaround time and maximum convenience, finishing all repairs to a 'good as new' and motor manufacturer industry standards.
What about the company?
They will offer you 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays and benefits such as a pension scheme, Christmas parties and a salary of up to £35K, dependent on experience. Your working hours will be Mon - Fri 0800 - 1730 and every other Saturday.
What will I be doing?
As a One Touch Technician, your role will essentially be the repair of motor vehicles using the latest products and repair processes, to motor manufacturer industry standards; carrying out all work in an efficient, safe and economical manner, maintaining the integral quality of the vehicle and its safety is maintained.
The role encompasses the roles of MET, Panel and also Paint Prep Technician.
You will have a range of repair tasks to include:
- Observe, recognise and report on vehicle structure and paintwork through each repair stage
- MET -
- Check vehicle for warning lights, safety checks and storage of displaced parts
- All work to be completed in line with Ezi methods
- Panel -
- Alignment and correct filler repair methods as per work instruction
- Correct use of sealers and bonding products including anti-corrosion methods
- Paint -
- Preparation for each stage pf paint process including: readiness for top coat application; accurately use paint mixing schemes, computerized scales, spray booths and drying lamps.
- Ensure all vehicles comply with safety standards, reporting all faults to your Line Manager
- Carrying out the repair as per the method outlined in the job pack & updating job card accurately completing all documentation accordingly.
What do I need?
As a person you will be an upbeat, positive, flexible and enthusiastic team player, holding an industry qualification in at least one repair task - MET, Panel & Paint.
We would love to hear from you if you have or are:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the body repair of motor vehicle
- Experience in a minimum of 2 repair tasks that incorporate 'Accident Repair Specialist'
- Knowledge in the latest repair methods & techniques
- Used the latest technical tooling for each repair process
- Knowledge to over specialist areas
- Full driving license
- Willing to undertake training where applicable to help with the development of the business
If you would like more information on the role, please contact Peyton at the Havant office on 02392 453377 or click on 'Apply Now' to send your CV to us. We will always review applications and come back to you either way so you're not left waiting unknowingly!
FPR Group are an agency acting on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I joined the Technical and Engineering Team of FPR Group in November 2018, working on permanent vacancies. I always aim to place candidates in roles which positively exceed their career expectations, and have a keen focus on consistently delivering the ultimate customer service.