Picker & Leafer
You can view all our current jobs here.
Tomato plants are to be picked 3 times per week, the number of rows to be picked each day will be allocated
* Picking will take place at the start of each day to ensure that fruit can be packed and dispatched on the same day if required
* During the harvesting process the floor must be kept clear of any tomatoes. Poor quality or damaged fruit will be disposed of in leaf cages
* The stage of fruit ripening may change during the season, therefore harvesting colour may change. The nursery Supervisor will communicate any changes
* Visual inspection of trays
* The leaf must be removed in a clean upward snapping method, ensuring no stubbs are left on the plant and the the plant is not damaged. Knives are used to for the removal of leaf in some varieties. Knives are subject to control, they must be signed in and out when being used and any equipment or loss to be reported to a supervisor
Harvesting Truss varieties
* The green fruit on the end of the truss will be pruned off and put into the class II tray. * Ensure the specified number of trusses are put in each tray, (Normally 10). Do not place a double layer of vines in the tray * Clippers and knives must be signed in and out on the relevant form. Always return clippers to the designated storage position at the end of each day and report any loss of equipment to supervisors
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.