Porter - Factory Work
You can view all our current jobs here.
*** Porter - Immediate Start ***
Role: Porter - Factory Work
Rate: £7.70 - £8.21
When: Immediate Start
Shifts: Monday - Friday 06:00 - 14:00 / 14:00 - 22:00
With over thirty years' experience serving the print and publishing industry, our client has the skills, knowledge and expertise to ensure they can respond to quickly provide their customers with quality, printing solutions. Using the latest technology in litho printing, digital printing and inkjet printing, they are specialists in producing books, magazines, journals, brochures and other publications.
An exciting opportunity has become available as a Porter. This is a very important position as a Porter ensures materials/components are available for other operators so they can produce the work. You will be expected to work proactively and mindfully when undertaking your duties. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Read and understand a job sheet (work instructions)
- Utilising location systems and knowledge of the factory, find job components and liaise with guillotine operators to prepare work ready for the Binders
- Ensure the text and cover ISBNs match, and get the components checked by Quality Control
- Work effeciently with effective time management skills to ensure binders have work lined up to enable them to follow the work-to-list effeiciently and in order
- Raise missing components to Shift Leaders promptly so they are aware of work that cannot be completed per the schedule
- Ensure that job sheets and location tracking sheets are organised and kept tidy, clearly marking of jobs that have been removed
As part of your role at times you may also be required to assist the bench, bindery, case binding and stitching staff. At all times you will be expected to maintain a high attention to detail to ensure that simple mistakes are not made as these can have a significent knock on effect.
- Heavy lifting
- Computer/Software literate
- High level of attention to detail
- Willing to learn
- Excellent working attitude
Full training will be provided, however factory experience is essential and having a high level of attention to detail is key!
This is an exciting time to be joining a friendly team and working environment who have great plans for the future!
Applying for this role is very easy! Simply press apply today and a consultant will be in touch shortly. OR please do give us a call directly to discuss on 02392 838 336. We can't wait to hear from you!
FPR Group are acting as an employment business.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.