Procurement Support Officer
You can view all our current jobs here.
Procurement Support Officer
£10.83 per hour
3 Month Temporary Contract
Our well-established client based in the heart of Chichester is looking for a Procurement Support Officer for 3 months. If you want to hear more, read on and hit apply today, should you believe you are the right fit candidate for the role!!
The role will include development and provision of high-quality information to enable performance to be effectively measured and monitored, planning decisions to be better informed and information to be effectively utilised to meet service objectives and responsibilities of a high performing and strategic capability.
- Manage development and collation of responses to Procurement team FOI (Freedom of Information) requests, undertaking in-depth complex analysis, research and coordination through to issue within the necessary time
- Responsibility for planning and coordination of Procurement Board meetings, ensuring meeting decisions and actions are captured and tracked
- Produce performance monitoring reports presenting summary/trend data (to include non-conformance to Standing Orders/off contract spend, Waivers and New Suppliers)
- Facilitate projects and initiatives, as appropriate, and manage and maintain the appropriate databases, spreadsheets, inboxes and processes. Manage the Procurement Inbox as lead coordinator for requests
- Produce and lead development of reports and briefings for a wide range of audiences, using the most appropriate format. Advise and guide in the interpretation of complicated data, information and key findings, engaging with and securing input and assurance from Procurement team members where necessary.
- Procurement system administration, managing user access, licencing and optimal user base for SAP SRM/eProcurement technology, ensuring effective and optimal procurement
- Collection and processing of Procurement rebate
- Working with Category teams, manage the supplier approval/vendor adoption process in relation to business requirement, ensuring the number of new suppliers created is kept to a minimum and any suppliers no longer required are removed, taking in to consideration corporate contracts and agreement. Assisting with supplier cleansing and consolidation
- Be a champion in the knowledge of the Purchasing Policy and all related purchasing processes, providing support to individuals and meetings
- Manage the appropriate communication of the purchasing policy and business procedures to all appropriate
- Own the content of the Purchasing Intranet and Internet pages and purchasing materials i.e. guidance and correspondence, ensuring the information within them is correct, substantial, easy to understand and up-to-date.
- Work with Suppliers and the Payments Team to ensure all purchasing processes are adhered to, providing support to suppliers and managing appropriate correspondence.
- Provide support to the Procurement team for the reporting and analysis of purchasing data out of the SAP system, for the tender process and supplier performance review
- Provide support to the P-Card (corporate purchasing VISA facility) Administrator for the monthly interfacing of VISA data to SAP and the card application process, and own the account determination process through the interface
- Communicate with and develop good working relationships with a range of people, such as Procurement colleagues, Senior Management, contractors and clients, in order to provide specialist advice
- Responsible for the care of, accuracy, confidentiality, security and maintenance of procurement related manual and/or computerised
- To assist with projects and/or reviews of corporate projects, challenging existing practices and generating ideas and solutions, recognising and balancing risks with reward, meeting agreed
- Supports equality and diversity and respects customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice.
- Equality - supports equality and diversity and respects customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic
- CIPS Level 4, BTEC Higher, or equivalent qualification or
- Excellent working knowledge of IT systems/procedures demonstrated by relevant NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification or
Level of Knowledge:
- Relevant theoretical or organisational knowledge of systems, procedures and policies associated with business analysis/procurement.
- Knowledge of subject area within procurement
- Excellent knowledge of a wide and varied range of ICT
- Experience of working within office systems/practices and providing effective business support
- Experience of using IT systems, including Microsoft Office applications, and preferably use or knowledge of relational databases such as ERP Systems
- Experience or knowledge of the purchasing document cycle from request to payment, and eProcurement would be an advantage
£10.83per hour, paid on a weekly basis
Full time Monday - Friday for 3 months starting immediately
If you believe you tick all of the above boxes for this role, please apply today to find out more descriptive details. Our well-established client is looking for someone to start as soon as possible. CLICK APPLY today or if you would like more information contact Sophie 01243-778021.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.