Production Machine Operator
You can view all our current jobs here.
FPR Group have been given an exciting opportunity to recruit for a talented Production Machine Operator to join our client within the Chichester area. This role is a great opportunity for someone for wants to progress within their career and personal development. Read below to find out more about the role and get in touch with us today!
The successful candidate's duties will include:
- Ensuring that all practices and procedures executed in the packing areas comply with the Statutory and corporate Health and Safety Regulations;
- Carrying out the start-up safety checks prior to any production on your line on your shift;
- Ensuring that all practices and procedures executed in the packing areas comply with Food Safety legislation and Food Safety Systems;
- Assisting to prepare the production line for packing during the shift.
- Ensuring there is effective communication with the line leader to confirm that the packing line is set up with correct film/packaging and the printer is set up with the correct coding information for the customer and product about to be packed;
- Ensuring only products of the highest quality are packed;
- Checking all packed products are packed / sealed correctly;
- Ensuring the correct programs are being used on scales and checkweighers for the product being packed;
- Operating all machinery correctly, safely and accurately;
- Ensuring that customer orders are met in full and on time;
- Meet daily operational Key Performance Indicators (KPI), these include but are not exclusive to: Waste reduction; Packs per Person per Minute (PPPPM); OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness); Packs Per Minute (PPM); and, Cost Per Pack * To actively seek ways of reducing raw material and packaging waste on your line.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in running Flow Wrapping machines or Multi-head Weighers
- A qualification in food hygiene
- A high standard of personal hygiene
- Good communication skills
Please note that previous experience in a Machine Operative role is not required. Full training will be provided by the company to allow applicants with no previous experience perform the role effectively and help them to reach the higher pay scales.
Working Rota - 3 days off each week!
The Production department have rolled out a new 4 day on, 3 day off shift rota. This rota rotates every three months between A shift & B shift and equates to 38-42 hours per week with a degree of flexibility as per business requirements.
A Shift - Sunday to Wednesday (Thursday, Friday & Saturday OFF)
- Sunday - Day shift (6:30am start - up to 6:30pm finish)
- Monday - Day shift (6:30am start - up to 6:30pm finish)
- Tuesday - Day shift (6:30am start - up to 6:30pm finish)
- Wednesday - Late shift (3:00pm start - between 9pm-11:30pm finish)
B shift - Wednesday to Saturday (Sunday, Monday & Tuesday OFF)
- Wednesday - Early shift (6:30am start - up to 3pm finish)
- Thursday - Day shift (6:30am start - up to 6:30pm finish)
- Friday - Day shift (6:30am start - up to 6:30pm finish)
- Saturday - Day shift (6:30am start - up to 6:30pm finish)
Please note: Finish times for both early & late shifts will vary depend on production requirements - you will be aware of production requirements and therefore a more precise finish time at least 24 hours in advance. There may be some days where you'll work 12 hours but other days will be shorter.
- 26.5 days holiday a year (This includes bank holidays)
- Online benefits & discounts platform
- Life assurance policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Parking
- Training is provided
- Great development opportunities
- Exclusive use of our Company discount site
- £21,500.00 - £23,000.00 DOE
We are looking to set up interviews as soon as possible, so if you are excited by this job opportunity CLICK APPLY today or if you would like more information contact Sophie on 023942 11077
FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.