You can view all our current jobs here.
Job DescriptionCandidates required to work in the Chichester area.
Outline: Undertake nursery tasks as required by a Supervisor or Team Leader
- Despatch work: selecting, tray up, collecting, preparing plants for despatch, labelling, packing and cling wrapping following procedure as instructed.
- Potting: machine potting, planting, setting plants down, supplying with pots and plants. Hand potting of young plants or final pots.
- Watering using hose and lance.
- Plant care: trimming, weeding, caning and tying.
- Propagation: filling trays, collecting, preparing and sticking in the cuttings.
- Mini-tractor driving, assembly and moving of Danish trolleys.
- Nursery plant hygiene including disposal of dead or diseased plants and sweeping up.
- Assist with maintenance work on nursery structures, roads and facilities.
- Any other duties as requested by your Team Leader or Supervisor
- Ensure that Health and Safety procedures are adhered to throughout and Risk Assessments followed.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.