Project Engineer / Junior Project Manager - Construction
You can view all our current jobs here.
We are currently working with a long-established, family owned company in the local area to recruit an experienced Project Engineer to join their hardworking, friendly team of estimators, project managers and designers.
The salary for this role is circa £22'000 per annum (negotiable) there is free parking, easy motorway access, and 22 days holiday per year (rising with service), and a contributory pension scheme. They encourage personal development and career progression, the team you will be working with is friendly, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and hardworking.
The company is easily commutable from Portsmouth, Southampton, Waterlooville, Chichester, Havant, Fareham, and surrounding areas however you will need your own transport.
- You will ideally have 1-2 years' experience within a building services or a construction related environment
- Prince 2 qualification or construction related BTEC/degree/HNC etc.
- You will need to be very organised and be able to thrive under pressure as the environment can sometimes get very busy
- Must possess excellent communication skills as well as being able to build strong relationships
- Good computer skills, Project software, MS Office and Excel
- Able to understand architectural drawings/specifications
- A valid UK driving licence is essential with your own car (mileage paid for business use) to travel to customers or onsite when needed only around 20-30%
- Driven and self-motivated
- Once trained you would be managing a number of smaller projects from point of order to completion
- This is a hands-on role, you would eventually be managing projects from point of order to through completion and overseeing installation, mostly within commercial and industrial markets. You could be managing 14/15 projects at any one time ranging in value from £5'000 to £1million.
- You will be involved at every stage including visiting clients for initial meetings, managing any technical issues, design, procurement, manufacture (internal and sub-contractors), expediting, correspondence (contract/commercial), commissioning, all finance/budgeting, and handing over to the client.
- You will be expected to complete projects safely, meeting quality standards, within budget and completed on time.
- You will be regularly liaising with the client and project suppliers at all times, keeping the client fully up to date with progress.
- This role is predominately office based with some travel to site as and when required plus visiting clients around the UK.
Please email your CV to or contact Tracy De Pass on 023 92 483944. FPR Group are acting as a recruitment agency.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…