We are recruiting for a Project Estimator with a good background in estimating on various projects from within the construction/civil/structural industry. You'll support this company's steelwork division in preparing responses and preparing proposals for tendering purposes.
As the project estimator, you'll be responsible for pre-contract tender duties on projects up to £5m in value. Responsibilities will include:
- Chairing pre-start meetings
- Working through early contractor involvement
- Providing value engineering solutions
- Preparation of bills of quantities
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Tender negotiation
- Project handover to operations teams
Alongside the opportunity to join a leading manufacturer, you'll receive a salary package matched to your experience level, contributory pension, performance related bonus and 28 days holiday.
Sounds great, what do I need?
- Experience of civil engineering, steel fabrication or closely aligned industry.
- A HNC/Degree qualification in civil, structural or manufacturing engineering is preferred but not essential.
- Candidates must be computer literate with excellent written and spoken English language skills.
FPR Group is acting within the capacity of a Recruitment Agency for their client.
E-mail your current CV to apply or call 02392483944 and ask to speak to Neil Williams.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.