£21.19 per hour
6 Months Temporary Contract
Our well-established client based in the heart of Chichester is looking for a reliable, experienced Project Manager to help within the Fire and Rescue Service. If you have previous experience and are looking for a new role, read on today and apply! This position is a six-month contract, starting as soon as possible.
WSFRS faces three main challenges - performance, culture and financial. Your role will be pivotal to ensuring the on-going health and delivery of projects against the Integrated Risk Management and Service Improvement plans. Reporting to the Head of the Programme Management Office, you will be assigned to projects depending on need. You will be responsible for the on-going co-ordination, and delivery of a range of operational and strategic projects across the Service. This will include day to day responsibility for all aspects of the projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, to cost and to a good standard. Key to this is the effective management of project definition, scoping, risks and issues to ensure successful delivery and measurable impact.
You will need to be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of how robust project co- ordination can support continuous improvement and change using a variety of project management techniques.
Required Skills & Experience (These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
- Ability to implement new processes and assess the impact of the modelled process on service delivery, identifying any enablers and dependencies to successful implementation and engaging with all key stakeholders necessary to implement proposed changes.
- Understanding of human aspects and factors influencing change, with the ability to develop strategies, techniques and strategic alliances with key stakeholders.
- Understand how business change relates to technology and design change activities accordingly.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence actions by others and negotiate effective business solutions.
- Ability to challenge existing practices and identify innovative solutions within the required framework.
Qualifications and/or experience:
Post graduate professional qualification relevant to programme, project or change management or equivalent level of significant experience. Experience of using recognised techniques and approaches for analysing and designing a business and its processes and embedding sustainable change. Experience of engaging with key stakeholders to ensure relevant aspects of the business are analysed, and changes successfully implemented. Experienced in delivering customer focused services that will improve services in the future through resource planning, creative problem solving and managing projects and strategies.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Document processes to required standard using appropriate tools.
- Identify and document issues and risks associated with implementing and operating new processes. Identify and implement techniques to overcome any barriers to change.
- Professional leadership of projects and responsibility for implementation in order to deliver benefits realisation.
£21.29 per hour, paid on a weekly basis
Full time Monday - Friday for 6 months starting immediately
If you believe you tick all of the above boxes for this role, please apply today to find out more descriptive details. Our well-established client is looking for someone to start as soon as possible. CLICK APPLY today or if you would like more information contact Sophie 01243-778021.
FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.