Project Support Officer
You can view all our current jobs here.
Project Support Officer - Chichester
Contract 3-6 months
Would you be interested in a contract with a leading client of ours that is located in central Chichester?
We are recruiting for a strong administrator who has experience of working on professional business projects in a high level administrative capacity. Your attention to detail and ability to work unaided on several key projects at once will be expected, as well as having confidence in your report writing and presentation skills.
- Responsible for providing effective and efficient day to day support to the Project Manager including, collating and analysing statistics for the ongoing monitoring of project performance/progress. Monitor and plan available resources.
- Keep records up to date, provide detailed progress reports and ensure that all project information is collected, maintained and archived according to acceptable project management standards.
- Ability to interpret complex information for e.g. to produce a high quality document with minimal guidance. Also the ability to organise, plan and meet set deadlines. For example, write project definitions in order to develop plans and manage progress against plans to achieve successful outcomes.
- Write and present various reports e.g. budget summaries, highlight reports RAG (red/amber/green) project status. Create and maintain various project record documents such as "Risk Register" and "Issues Log". Highlight potential project risks and issues to the Project Manager if identified in the plan. Reporting on progress as required.
- Arrange, organise, and set up seminars, workshops, briefings etc. Assist in the specification of the materials for the events. Prepare the materials, including Powerpoint presentations. Provide assistance at seminars, workshops as required, e.g. set-up, host, act as facilitator, produce records etc.
- Communicate with and develop good working relationships with a range of people, such as clients, senior managers, key project contacts in order to provide project related information relative to project progress, whilst ensuring continuous sharing of information across different stakeholders of the project. Liaise with Project Managers and Project Sponsors to identify and gaps where project documentation is not complete or does not conform to Project Management Standards.
- Key Skill 1
Advanced analytical skills in order to interpret and manipulate varied and complex project information in relation to services required by the client.
- Key Skill 2
Ability to organise, plan and meet set targets e.g. for provision of urgent project reports, required by client.
- Key Skill 3
Developed communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with
a range of high level clients/stakeholders and create and maintain effective working relationship and provide coaching to clients/colleagues on process or documentation.
- Key Skill 4
Strong problem solving skills with the ability to anticipate problems and resolve issues independently, planning solutions and making sound pragmatic decisions.
- Key Skill 5
Advanced IT skills in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, use of Internet and other web-based applications, for the integral use of word processing, analysis and research of data, creating electronic presentations.
- Key Skill 6
Excellent literacy and numeracy skills in order to understand to carry out financial analysis and reporting.
For a full and detailed job description, please call Louise or Sophie at FPR Group's Chichester office on 01243 778021.
FPR Group is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.