Public Right of Way Assistant
You can view all our current jobs here.
Public Right of Way Assistant
Temporary contract - Chichester
Public Right Of Way Assistant based in the centre of Chichester, West Sussex with our well-established client.
About the job:
The role of the Public Rights of Way Assistant is to work within a customer focused team responsible for the delivery and promotion of an accessible and quality Public Rights of Way network to all residents and visitors in West Sussex. This is achieved through regular inspection, maintenance and enforcement of legislation.
To assist with meeting the County Council's statutory duties and powers as Highway Authority as they relate to the Rights of Way network. To enable the public to enjoy the West Sussex Public Rights of Way network by providing a legal, safe and adequate means of access. Having particular responsibility for responding to customer enquiries received by the team, and investigating situations and achieving solutions, often in partnership, so as to provide convenient access around the county.
What you'll need to succeed:
For this role you will be expected to demonstrate relevant skills and experiences
- A 'can do' attitude
- Motivated to provide an excellent PRoW service
- Strong team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexible approach
- Integrity, openness and awareness of others
- Ability to communication effectively & work with customers and communities to find solutions to problem
Required Key Skills:
- Ability to work in a customer focused way, providing a high-quality service with a high level of attention to detail, and gaining the trust and confidence with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to organise/prioritise work, co-ordinate a variety of tasks in a clear and logical way and meet agreed deadlines that minimise the disruption to the business.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of clients and create effective working relationships.
- Sound and accurate IT skills including a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Access (or equivalent packages) for the integral use of word processing, data processing, report writing and maintaining computer databases at a high level.
- Ability to read maps and scales and to apply this on-site using surveying techniques.
Ability to travel independently around the County, perhaps to remote locations - a full, clean driving licence is therefore required. Applicants may also need the ability to undertake site inspections away from the road in rural parts of the county.
Work from home due to Lockdown but full time 9am - 5pm.
If you would like to be considered for the role and hear more details please contact Sophie at FPR Group's Chichester office.
FPR Group is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.