You can view all our current jobs here.
We are currently recruiting for a Purchasing Assistant to join a successful and rapidly expanding global fragrance business. Their passion for creating personal and home care fragrances since 1982 has led them to supplying some of the most exclusive stores and dressing tables around the world.
Do you share the passion to make a difference? Then read on…
Joining their friendly office team and working onsite in East Sussex your job will be to provide responsibility for progressing purchase orders and ensuring punctual delivery to their customers by maintaining sufficient stock levels to ensure the smooth running of production.
This job has been created to also involve all other administration tasks designed to support the department.
Each day your duties will include: -
- Being responsible for placing purchase orders in a timely manner.
- To manage purchases for consumables stock and ensure replenishment orders are placed efficiently.
- Plan appropriate quotes and purchases for standard production items and to ensure the materials are available to meet punctual delivery.
- Obtain approvals and samples, then raise and issue purchase orders to the suppliers in good time.
- Maintain and develop a good working relationship with our suppliers, working closely with the Purchasing Manager to safeguard continuous improvement in their performance and reliability.
- Manage the process for items being returned to suppliers due to poor quality, raising returns and new orders as appropriate.
- Complete purchase order acknowledgements and work with suppliers to minimise late deliveries, looking at purchase orders as necessary.
- Call suppliers to check on dispatch and delivery dates and to clarify requirements.
As well as a generous salary this role also offers a profit related bonus, pension scheme, life insurance, 4 weeks rising to 5 weeks holiday a year plus all bank holidays off and free parking!
This role requires a high attention to detail to ensure data accuracy, orders and documentation is correct. Previous Purchasing experience within a similar role is a must along with excellent numeracy skills and good working knowledge of Excel and Word. Full training will also be provided.
Importantly we are looking for someone who takes real pride in their work and goes above and beyond for the team to equal the passion of this ambitious company and become part of their successful family.
Interviews will happen shortly for the right candidates so if you have read this far and see yourself in this exciting job CLICK APPLY today.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.