Are you looking for a Purchasing position that can utilise your existing skills? We are currently looking for a Purchasing Coordinator for a large Marine company in Fareham. This role will be reporting directly into the Business Sector Manager and you will be responsible procuring requested goods and services for Projects & Contracts in the most economical manner subject to time critical factors.
What will you be doing?
- Prepare, coordinate and complete procurement transactions with the relevant initiator (e.g. Technical Superintendent, Project Superintendent etc) all according to the companies Purchasing Procedure.
- Liaise with initiators (when necessary) to establish delivery deadlines, agree on prices, selection of suppliers & sub-contractors and confirm specification.
- Liaise with suppliers to procure requested goods and services that are fit for purpose, delivered in a timely manner and value for money.
- Maintain the 'portal' based Purchase List and Purchase e-mail accounts.
- Consult with the vessels & operations teams regarding the logistical aspects of procurement transactions.
- Liaise with Finance Department to ensure timely receipt of goods and accurate coding of orders.
- Be pro-active in optimising the procurement process in consultation with the Business Sector Manager.
- Identify high spend items and develop strategy to reduce procurement costs for Company.
- Arrange dispatch of centrally held stores and equipment (i.e. PPE).
Essential skills required:
- Demonstrable experience of logistics and procurement
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Experience using MRP/ ERP systems
- Good written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of the marine industry- Desirable.
What will you get out of it?
The salary for this role is circa £22000-23000 (according to experience). They can also offer you 25 Days holiday(+B/hols), An option to buy up to 15 days more holiday, Private healthcare, Childcare Vouchers, Pension Scheme, cycle to work scheme, Free Parking and Denplan.
If you wish to have a discreet conversation to learn more about the opportunity, please ring and ask to speak to Emma, or alternatively please click apply to submit your CV and we will be in touch!
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Emma White MIRP CertRP
I am a senior consultant at FPR Group who specialises in Office Support & Commercial recruitment for both temporary & permanent positions. I have been with FPR Group for 4 years and take great pride in helping both my candidates and my clients with their recruitment needs and career moves.…