You can view all our current jobs here.
Quality Auditor - Andover, Hampshire
FPR Group have been given an exciting opportunity to recruit for a talented Quality Auditor to join our well-established client located just outside of Andover.
As the Quality Auditor, you will be responsible for complying, implementing and auditing against our Quality Management System (QMS), this will involve product safety, legality and quality systems at SMB. To have overall responsibility for quality checks from raw material to finished packed product.
- Implementation and auditing/inspection of QMS, good manufacturing practices, good hygienic practices and HACCP in the business.
- Assessing product starting from raw material to finished product for safety, legality and quality. Communicated any issues to the production managers, QA supervisor and/or factory technical manager immediately.
- Collecting samples and swabs as per the schedule. Sending all collected samples to the respective labs.
- To liaise with the operations team on a daily basis to ensure that all safety, legality and quality checks are performed.
- Effective management of non-conformances, ensuring root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions are completed for all non-conformances.
- Highlighting any out of spec occurrences, investigate, document and report to the QA supervisor.
- Complete all QMS including HACCP checks and tasks as per the schedule.
- Complete trend analysis for all the audits/inspections and non-conformances.
- To assist in the investigation of customer complaints.
- To assist in the preparation & collection of samples for taste panel, factory trials and NPD trials. To complete organoleptic, micro and gas testing.
- To complete both backward and forward traceability exercise including mass balance as per the schedule and as and when required by the business.
- Maintaining calibration of probes, scales, checkweighers, metal detectors, flow meters etc. used on site and regular testing where applicable.
- Testing chemical strengths to ensure right concentration of chemical are used on site.
- Preparing test packs for checkweighers.
- The role involves supporting operations and engineering department in implementing QMS and problem solving.
Ideal candidate should have the following personal attibutes:
- Confident under pressure
- Team player
- To be a self-motivated person to encourage their team to use their initiative and take responsibility in making decisions concerning the quality of product made daily.
Skills and Qualifications:
- HACCP Level 2
- Degree in science or food
- Knowledge of HACCP and food safety
- Working in a chilled environment (PPE available on request).
- Some lifting of weights - 6kg
- (Dependant on product this may be up to 25kgs with assistance).
- Ear protection
Benefits and holidays:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Onsite parking
£18,000 pa progressing to £22,000 after probation
We are looking to set up interviews shortly so if you are excited by this job opportunity CLICK APPLY today or if you would like more information contact Sophie 01243-778021.
FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.