Quality Control Lab Analyst
You can view all our current jobs here.
Quality Control Lab Analyst
Permanent, Full time - Petersfield
Based in Petersfield, Hampshire and close to public transport and car parks, this is a great full-time role with our client as a Quality Control Lab Analyst. This role is a great opportunity for anyone with previous Quality Control lab and strong microbiology experience wanting to continue to develop their career.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Execution of QC Lab Testing, including; Monitor Critical Control Parameters, conduct basic routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, environmental monitoring testing and validation, Complete documentation as needed to support testing procedures
- Testing data review and release by reviewing routine/non-routine test data and results, including sample preparation records, logbooks, calculations, and data sheets. Enter results in SAP/LIMS, as needed.
- Release of raw materials, non-OTC mass, and cosmetic FGs in the laboratory
- Identify quality problems and suggest improvement opportunities.
- Perform Phase 1 OOS laboratory investigations with guidance from senior lab analysts
- Conduct Quality Control evaluations of consumer complaints and Quality Inquiries
- Create and update SOPs
- Provide training on new technical procedures, when necessary
Characteristics that a successful candidate may possess include:
- Experience in Microbiology in Quality Control for a global consumer goods or pharma company
- Solid awareness and practice of safe lab procedures
- Solid knowledge of laboratory testing techniques (GMP, GDP and Good Lab Practices) and proficient use of all laboratory equipment (e.g., Viscometer, ACS Color Computer, Vitek, and Wet Chemistry techniques)
- Proficient oral and written communication skills and ability to appropriately communicate information to management
- Microbiology degree and skill set desirable
- Ability to write SOPs, deviations, change controls and OOS reports
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of cosmetic ingredients & manufacturing procedures preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP systems is preferred
Afternoon - late shifts tbc
- 8% discretionary bonus with a 2% stretch dependant on plant performance.
- 22 days holiday increasing each year with service to Maximum 27 days, (non-contractual) birthday holiday day, pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, group income protection, free gym membership, discounted employee store and online sales and employee assistance programme.
The successful candidate will be responsible for testing materials against specification to ensure quality products are released for manufacturing. It is also desirable to have a strong microbiology skill set. As well as problem solving internally and externally those that do not meet specification to determine the root cause and ensure preventative and corrective actions are effective. By doing so you will be helping the client continue their exciting journey of innovation, change and transformation.
If you would like to be considered for the role and hear more details please contact Sophie at FPR Group's Chichester office.
FPR Group is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.