Registered Care Manager
Registered Care Manager
Full time position, Chichester
£27,000 - £32,000
Our client is looking for a Registered Care Manager, based in beautiful surroundings just outside of Bognor Regis in West Sussex. If you have more than a year or twos experience and are looking for a new fantastic opportunity, please read on to find out more and hit apply today. We want to hear from you!
You will be:
- Proactive, enthusiastic and a go getter!
- Able to manage the home as well as grow it
- Experienced in overseeing and supporting a growing team.
- Able to delegate so as to create an energetic, harmonious, safe and effective team who are able to learn and progress!
- Effective in taking on responsibility efficiently with solid leadership skills
- Committed to maintaining high standards of care at all times!
- At least one to two years' experience as a Registered Manager
- NVQ Level 5
- A CAN-DO ATTITUDE!
- To ensure that each service user is assessed for need and has a formally developed Care Plan, ensuring the involvement / participation of the service user and his / her family or relatives, or an advocate, as required. To ensure that appropriate individual care is given to each service user, in accordance with the Care Plans.
- To ensure compliance with the Mental Capacity Act, that all mental capacity assessments are in place in line with delivering good care, and ensuring all DoLS (or the new standard of LPS) are in place where they are necessary. These are to be incorporated into the care plans in line with delivering the best care.
- In consultation with GPs and Senior Care Staff, as appropriate, to develop individual Care Plans for new service users and to ensure their formal review on a regular and pre-planned basis.
- To ensure overall compliance of the Home to appropriate Legislation, Regulations and Registration Authority requirements. To ensure compliance with appropriate Health & Safety, C.O.S.H.H., Fire, and Fair Employment / Equal Opportunities Legislation
- To keep abreast of all new Legislation, Regulations and Registration Authority requirements, and to ensure the effective communication of the same to all staff. To amend policies and procedures, or to produce new documents as may be required through changes or up-dates in such Legislation / Regulations / requirements
- To ensure that all duties undertaken by reporting staff are performed to required standards, and that all such staff contribute in a positive manner to provide a happy, efficient and homely atmosphere within the Home.
- To ensure the provision of adequate staff cover for all shifts in line with statutory requirements. To assist in the preparation of duty rotas as needed.
- To assist the Proprietor in the selection and recruitment of staff.
- To participate in staff training to documented Training Plans to ensure that Job Description requirements can be adequately fulfilled.
- To conduct assessments of staff performance at specified intervals. To assist in the application of disciplinary rules, and in the implementation of disciplinary procedures.
- To be responsible for the receipt, handling, storage, issue, administration and disposal of all medicines in line with appropriate legislation and internal documented procedures, and to maintain the necessary records.
- To supervise all aspects of catering in the Home to ensure that required standards of Food Hygiene are achieved. To assist in the planning of menus, in particular assuring any special dietary requirements for service users are met.
- To help service users with problems of mobility and other physical disabilities (e.g. incontinence), helping with the use of disability aids and caring for the same, where appropriate.
- To participate in the development of social activities for service users.
- To ensure that the Home is cleaned, heated and maintained to standards required by the Registration Authority and the Environmental Health Office, as appropriate.
- To conduct staff meetings and to ensure that the minutes of such meetings are communicated to all staff.
- To generate all notifications in relation to accidents suffered by service users, staff or visitors in line with the requirements of the R.I.D.D.O.R. Regulations (latest revision).
- To keep abreast of all new legislation and regulations relating to Health & Safety, C.O.S.H.H., Fire Prevention and Care Standards, and to ensure effective communication of the same to staff. To amend policies and procedures, or to produce new documents, as needed.
- To ensure the smooth operation of the Home's Quality Management System, and that appropriate Quality Certification standards are achieved.
- To liaise with maintenance staff and owner to facilitate and arrange planned maintenance / servicing / calibration
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
Hours: Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm.
If you believe you tick all of the above boxes for this role, please apply today to find out more descriptive details. Our well-established client is looking for someone to start as soon as possible. CLICK APPLY today or if you would like more information contact Sophie 01243-778021.
FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.