Rework Inspector /Engineering Support
The Engineering division of FPR Group are recruiting for a dynamic, team player to work as a Rework Inspector /Engineering Support for a well-established and successful engineering company in the Portsmouth area.
For salary details please email/call or contact me on Linked In. The company have a contributory pension scheme and operate flexible working hours! Other benefits include the ability to buy shares (after qualifying period), 24 days holiday, health discounts, friendly environment, subsidised canteen.
Your main role would be to inspect components to establish compliance and serviceability and if required, release parts for rework, maintain quality control and technical instruction systems in accordance with company procedures.
Other aspects of your role
- Using inspection techniques and equipment to ascertain component condition and interpret the results
- Ensure all relevant technical documentation is accurately interpreted and adhered to.
- Reload and/or add supplementary approved rework instructions to complete the repair/overhaul of individual components and inform the internal customer
- Inspect all components and identify parts as scrap, rework or serviceable
- Carry out final inspection to ensure no obvious damage has occurred during the rework cycle, all repair and modification instructions have been implemented fully and correctly
- Generate rework routes to achieve the commercial requirements and off load parts into the rework cycle.
- Final inspection and preparation for dispatch
- Approved release signatory
- Liaise with Engineering with technical support
- Update technical instructions to support Engineering
- Liaise with Repair Development and Support Engineers on any engineering issues as they arise and actively support opportunities for improvement.
We are looking for someone with experience in a manufacturing / production environment, with a background in inspection and quality.
- Strong computer skills and use of in house systems including Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship
- Knowledge of engineering processes & processes and quality principles/compliances
- Technical support / administrative / quality support experience within aviation or closely related engineering environment
- Knowledge of Aviation preferred
- Highly organised and experienced to manage multiple project simultaneously
- Ability to understand technical concepts and subjects
Please call Tracy De Pass to discuss the role in more detail or apply for the role by sending us your CV or clicking apply.
FPR Group are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…