Sales and Customer Service Assistant
You can view all our current jobs here.
Sales & Customer Services Assistant
Are you a friendly, personable and have a sales and customer service background??? Our client is looking for a Sales/Customer Service Assistant for their well-established company based in the heart of Chichester. It is important to the client that you are a friendly, cheerful, positive and self-driven individual, who is respectful to everyone. Also, important to the team is that you are able to work independently and as part of a team, someone with a passion for technology and someone with a keen attention to detail. If you have a positive attitude and are keen for a new challenge, this role may just be for you!!
What will I be doing?
This role is mainly focused on dealing with customers over the telephone and to ensure their needs are met. This role will also support our sales team by responding to email enquiries from retail and commercial partners and direct sales enquiries from construction and agricultural workers. This company offers a flexible approach to work and a willingness to get involved in the activities and work of other departments, such as marketing, sales and inventory management
- Providing prospective clients detailed information about our products
- Handling meeting bookings enquiries via email and phone
- Processing orders using operating systems in accordance with policies and procedures
- Liaising with couriers and booking deliveries
- Follow up communications to ensure that customer deliveries are fulfilled
- Responding promptly and professionally to feedback, comments and complaints
- Informing clients about product warranties, repair and replacement device services
- Selling airtime and devices to customers over the phone
- Any other duties as would be expected of a sales and customer services assistant
- Welcoming customers and partners into the building, ensuring everything is running smoothly
- Liaising and coordinating with the operational team to ensure the needs of the client are met
- Keeping the reception, store and entrance areas clean and tidy
- Giving information to drop in enquirers
What do I need?
It would be beneficial for the right individual to have experience of the telecoms industry. As well as having telecoms industry knowledge and experience, it would also be beneficial for the right candidate to have face-to-face retail experience or over the telephone sales experience. You will need to have at least One years' experience in an administrative environment and one years' experience in a customer-facing environment. Some sales experience would be an advantage and finally a minimum of A-C GCSE's or equivalent.
Preferable knowledge and skills also needed for the role:
- Ability to accept that the role will change over time because we are a small business
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Someone competent in the use of social media
- A high-level understanding of Android and Android smartphones
- Proficiency in a range of software including excel
- Good financial acumen, commercially aware, numerate with ability to prepare quotes
- A high level of personal presentation and communication skills
- An excellent telephone manner
- Personable - an ability to get on with anyone
- Adaptable - being able to adapt to suit different situations is going to get you a long way
- Excellent writing skills with the competence to quickly compose emails to a wide range of business customers
- Initiative to solve problems and deal with complaints in a positive and diplomatic manner
- A working understanding of equality and diversity with the ability to challenge discriminatory behaviour
- Monday - Friday with occasional weekend work to support field sales at events and exhibitions, however will get extra pay and days off in the week
- This role does not involve free parking
- £18,000 - £23,000 DOE
How do I apply?
To send us your CV, simply click "APPLY NOW" and we will get back to you swiftly! Or if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to call Sophie or Louise at FRP Group on 01243 778021.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.