You can view all our current jobs here.
You will be working in the packing operation at our Finishing Centre on an early or late shift. On a busy day this means that you will be involved in the packing of over 20,000 customer orders onto 1,400 trolleys. You will support the Department Leader by looking after a team of up to 15 packing staff. Your responsibility will be to train and then assist your staff in their job of packing customer orders. The focus of the role is very much about ensuring that your team work to the quality and productivity targets set by the business. The key to this will be your approach to the training you give and the way that you manage them.
Your team will be involved in a variety of tasks from the packing of trolleys to checking quantities and quality to wrapping and loading trolleys as well as setting up and equipment control.
The role has the potential to be varied and the satisfaction to be gained from building a high performing team should be attractive to you.
You will report to the Department Leader for the shift that you are on; early or late.
The person we are looking for
As no two days are the same you must be flexible in your approach. Ideally you will have spent time working or team leading in a fast moving production or packing environment. You must be must be able to demonstrate to us that you have the desire to be successful and that you understand that to do so you need to be able to build and maintain a team that respects you.
Good spoken and written English is important as is a good level of numeracy.
Required Experience and Competencies
* Comfortable driving the process to meet the plan
* Works in a proactive systematic manner.
* Ability to plan and co-ordinate tasks and people.
* Ability to manage people.
* Good communication skills
* Previous supervisory experience.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Reviewing projected orders on the system.
* Assisting the Department Leader in the delivery of the daily production plan.
* Ensuring that the plan is delivered to the team and is understood.
* Liaising with other functional Department Leaders and Section Leaders as required
* Ensuring that checks are carried out to verify correct quantities are present and that plant and presentation quality is high.
* Investigating reasons for errors and implementing continual improvement processes to prevent repeated errors.
* Any other duties as required.
if you feel you posess the above skills and requirements then do not hesitate to contact Sophie on 01243 778 021 or click on the link and apply!
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.