You can view all our current jobs here.
Section Leader - Chichester
£21,000 - £23,000
We are recruiting for a full time Section Leader to join an impressive manufacturing site based just outside of Chichester, West Sussex.
What will I be doing?
You will be reporting to the Shift Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing production lines/production area within the factory. The area will comprise of a group of assets, processes and people. You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of safety, quality, GMP standards, performance KPI's and the training and development for all full-time operators and agency staff assigned to the area.
- Health and safety - ensuring adherence to the company's health and safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Staff Development and Training - ensuring all full-time operators within the area are being upskilled and developed to progress within the company.
- Continuous Improvement - effective contribution in the use of lean tools and techniques to drive continuous improvements across your area of responsibility.
- GMP - Maintain by adhering to the company technical procedures and requirements specific to the area of work.
- Quality Standards/Technical Compliance - ensuring that all finished products meet the company and customer agreed quality standards and SOP requirements.
- KPI Management - Ensuring all key performance indicator targets are being achieved against standards, set-up of equipment and deliver optimum performance against set budgeted rates.
- Asset Care and Autonomous Maintenance - Ensure all cleaning SOP's are being strictly followed in order to meet the required cleaning standards. Also, to ensure equipment issues are communicated and logged in the maintence schedule.
All of the above accountabilities will be performance measured.
What do is required?
- English Level 3
- CEIH Health & Safety Level 2
- ILM (Leadership management qualification) Level 2 or equivalent
- Lean Awareness
- 2 years Section Leader experience FMCG sector
The working hours for this role will be shifts and therefore dependant in each season. During Summer months the shifts are likely to be either 8am - 4pm/5pm/6pm Sunday - Thursday and in Winter months 8am - 4pm 3 - 4 days a week, these days will vary.
Key Competencies - Leadership:
- To be a self-starter with a can-do approach
- That you are confident to make decisions in own cell
- Avoid being defensive when criticized
- Show self-control of emotions and reactions
- Hold a strong commitment to H&S
- Challenge negative behaviour
- Act as a role model to the team
- Take ownership of tasks and projects and proactively manages them
- Approachable and open to questions
- Use mistakes as an opportunity for learning
- Effectively develop team members to their full potential
- Effectively coach, motivate and act as a mentor to all team members
- Seek others ideas and opinions when problem solving
- Challenge traditional ways of doing things
- Balances cost, time and resource availability
- Challenge for meaningful information when the situation is unclear
- Pitch in to help during busy periods
- Effectively handle multiple work activities
- Prioritise objectives and allow time for contingency planning
- Deliver high quality work in relevant and accurate manner
- A self-starter with a can-do approach
- Confident to make decisions in own cell
- Avoids being defensive when criticized
- Shows self-control of emotions and reactions
- Holds a strong commitment to H&S
- Challenges negative behaviour
- Acts as a role model
Key Competencies specific to the role:
- Demonstrate a good attendance and time keeping record
- Respond to work assignments and requests by being cooperative and positive
- Maintain consistent and predictable schedule
- Follow all instructions, policies, and procedures accurately
- Hold self and others accountable for keeping commitments
- Follow through with commitments and escalates if they can't
- Perform tasks with care; is thorough and seeks to be "right first time"
- Maintain a checklist, tracker, schedule or calendar to ensure that small details are not overlooked or dismissed as insignificant
- Identify outliers and unexpected results and drills down to ensure that these are anomalies and not errors.
- Review equipment set up and ongoing condition at all the key points defined in GMP/daily schedule
- Work with care and conscientiousness to ensure no detrimental impact on tools and equipment
- Check that they are within proper operating parameters (i.e. acceptable temperature/ pressure/flow rate etc.).
- Clearly explain to others, in a compelling manner, why they need to adopt company policy and practices
How do I apply?
To send us your CV, simply click "APPLY NOW" and we will get back to you swiftly! Or if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to call Sophie Carey at FRP Group on 01243 778021.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.