Section Supervisor - despatch lates
You can view all our current jobs here.
This opportunity involves joining and managing a busy and dedicated packing and despatch team. The successful candidate will be becoming part of one the most successful horticultural companies in the South East. If you enjoy being part of a team and working to targets, this may be job for you.
Hours are flexible in the week but generally include working 4-5 days a week with shift varying from 8-12 hours per day. Candidate must be willing to work late shifts or nights
Job responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the packing, wrapping and despatch of over 20,000 customer orders on to 1,400 trolleys with up to 15 staff
- You will give instructions to your supervisor who will aid you in managing the section.
- To complete the packing operation on the day shift
- Ensuring that the quality of plants and their presentation on the trolleys is of the highest standard.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the packing
- Responsible for the wrapping and then despatching customer trolleys
- Flexible in your approach to work
- Must have experience of supervising in a fast moving production, packing or despatch environment.
- Must be used to working to, and driving productivity targets
- Must have good man management and motivational skills
- Must have good spoken and written English and a good level of numeracy
- Ability to speak Russian or Polish is an advantage
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.