Senior Mechanical Engineer
You can view all our current jobs here.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with a keen interest in engine technology, looking for a position in an innovative company, based in Southampton, where energy recovery is at the forefront of all they do.
They will join the Engineering Team to be responsible for the delivery of the mechanical engineering aspects of the company's product range with a salary of £45,000 per annum.
Our client is a world leader in advanced exhaust energy recovery technologies for reciprocating engines. These are the dominant plant for power generation in remote areas for renewable fuels and for biomass energy applications. They work closely with leading engine manufacturers and genset integrators to improve engine efficiency; so increasing power output, improve fuel efficiency and reducing emissions - something which is so key in today's atmosphere.
And the Role?
Working as a technical authority within the Mechanical Engineering team to provide approval, direction and design feedback including mentoring the more junior team members. The role will include the design integration of their products into customer diesel and gas engine generator sets and managing the design process from concept through to manufacture including the production of detailed manufacturing drawings.
You will be providing an important interface between engineering and other functions throughout the business with responsibilities to include:
- To be technical authority for thre turbogenerator and its support system, ensuring conformance to company, National and International standards; leading the integration of company products within customer applications.
- Analysis of stress, heat, transfer, fluid bow, bolted joints and high speed rotating components
- The complete mechanical design of components, assemblies and systems.
- To maintain and develop mechanical engineering capabilities, processes and tools.
- Ensure all mechanical engineering delivery is executed with control of safety, configuration, standards quality and utilising a systems engineering approach.
- Assist in the creation and development of departmental processes and procedures, and support or run the engineering changes processes and BoMs.
- Work closely with the supply chain team and assist with supplier quality issues and new supplier valiation.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering divison to incorporate best practise in manufacturing operations on DFMA projects.
- Apply risk management from a development and diagnostic perspective using FMEA, FTA etc.
Am I right for the role?
In addition to a 2:1 Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject you will have a strong background in mechanical engineering at CAD with a focus on stress and thermal analysis with the following technical ability:
- Knowledge of material selection processes, and of the application of appropriate tolerances.
- Ability to develop and implement robust processes.
- Understand the balance of engineering risks and business priorities
- Have a good understanding of different production methods models, metrics in addition to engineering systems, process and best practise.
The ideal candidate will be someone has excellent communication skills within all mediums, works really well within a team and is able to demonstrate and promote openness whist listening and accommodating others' input whilst able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritising accordingly. They should also possess strong influencing and interpersonal skills across all functions within the organisation with a high degree of emotional intelligence yet also hold the ability to analyse large amounts of data quickly and have an analytical and clear-thinking mindset. Ideally you will have experience with DFMA, Lean and working within a small company environment - the company are one of the fastest growing small technology companies in the UK!
In addition to a salary of up to £45,000, you will receive:
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
If you like the sound of this position and would like to be considered for the position, please hit 'Apply' to send your CV over. If you have any questions on this position, please call the Havant office on 02392 453377 and ask for Peyton.
FPR Group are an agency acting on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I joined the Technical and Engineering Team of FPR Group in November 2018, working on permanent vacancies. I always aim to place candidates in roles which positively exceed their career expectations, and have a keen focus on consistently delivering the ultimate customer service.