You can view all our current jobs here.
FPR Group have been given an exciting opportunity to recruit for a talented Shift Manager to join our client within the Chichester area.
The main purpose is to organise and manage the production of cut herbs for retail and non-retail customers safely and efficiently while maintaining a high standard of product quality and hygiene that is expected throughout the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that all practices and procedures undertaken in the packing areas comply with the Statutory and corporate Health and Safety Regulations and with Food Safety legislation and Food Safety Systems.
- To know and understand the Health & Safety requirements for the packing areas and to ensure that H&S requirements and COSHH and HACCP are up to date.
- To ensure the customer orders are met in full, on time, every time.
- To ensure all relevant requirements concerning KPI targets are fully complied with and reported on.
- To ensure only products of the highest quality leave the Cut Herb Packing area.
- To maintain a high standard of housekeeping and hygiene in all packing procedures.
- To ensure staff on-line training is achieved to a high standard to enable staff to operate all machinery safely, efficiently and accurately and that all training records are completed where applicable.
- To maintain all online process records accurately.
- To notify the Senior Production Manager immediately of any problems arising. To report and discuss any performance or behavioural issues within the team to the Senior Production Manager
- To use the available tools to effectively plan and manage daily and weekly staffing levels according to production demands. To keep all operatives fully informed of shift times and other requirements.
- To ensure there is effective communication between you and your staff and the management, supply chain, procurement and technical departments.
- To maintain a knowledge of customer requirements
- To set an example to others.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene.
- To take active part in all Continuous Improvement projects on site.
- To be self-motivated and have the ability to motivated others.
- Computer Literate - Essential
- Previous manufacturing experience - Desirable
- ERP System Knowledge - Desirable
Skills & Competencies:
- Flexibility and a drive to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Planning Systems
- Food Safety - Desirable
- H&S/IOSH - Desirable
- Train The Trainer - Essential
- HACCP - Desirable
Working in a chilled environment (PPE available on request) as required.
Noise protection zone in factory (advisory). PPE available on request.
Salary and hours:
Your working hours will be shift patterns, morning shifts 5.30am - 2.00pm or afternoon shifts 2.00pm - 10.00pm. However, hours may vary depending on demand. The salary is £26,000.
Due to its location, your own transport would be advised as there is no access to public transport.
We are looking to set up interviews shortly so if you are excited by this job opportunity CLICK APPLY today or if you would like more information contact Sophie on 01243-778021
FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.