Shift Supervisor (Double Days)
A fantastic opportunity has become available with an expanding company in the Fareham area.
We are currently recruiting for a Shift Supervisor to work a Double Day rotating shift pattern (06.00-14.00 and 14.00-22.00) Monday to Friday for a large manufactuiring plastic company.
Your role is varied through out your shift. The Shift Supervisor should be able to coach and train ALL members of staff on the shift to undertake such that it is second nature to them, the Shift Supervisor should then be carrying out regular checks to verify all products that are due to dispatch. (training given)
- Taking overall control of the shift, to ensure production and quality targets are met
- Ensuring working procedures are followed
- Allocation of resources to tasks
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for improvements.
- Developing the skills of staff on the shift
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team, including the other Shift Supervisors to ensure smooth changeovers between shifts.
- Enforcing housekeeping standards and policing this with regular patrols of the section.
You will be responsible for up to 10 staff at one time and ensuring the following:
- Identify staff members who are willing and able to further develop their skills and capabilities and overseeing training. (such as learning to setup equipment)
- Identifying learning opportunities for individual staff members such that their capabilities can be maximised through appropriate coaching and training
- Monitoring staff are carrying out appropriate quality checks and are clear on the quality standards that apply to the tasks/jobs they are working on
- Ensuring staff members are only allocated to tasks which they are competent to undertake and verifying their competency with regular checks.
Identifying skills gaps; and in liaison with the Manager making appropriate plans to fill any gaps identified through appropriate staff development or recruitment.
- Be target driven and self-motivated
- Excellent team player
- Good communication skills - Written & Verbal
- Good attention to detail
- Competent with e-mail and Excel
- Adaptable to change
- At least 2 years Supervising experience or in a line leader
Along with a great opportunity you will have access to free on site parking, canteen, free tea and coffee. Free life insurance package, company pension and social events. Working with a great friendly team throughout the company and a chance to move forward in your career.
For more information and a chance to apply for this role please click the link below.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.