Shop Floor Manager
You can view all our current jobs here.
Have you gained machine shop floor experience and have had experience leading/supervising others? If so then we have Shop Floor Manager role on paying well and a chance to join a very busy machine shop who despite COVID 19 have still been in demand and keen to press on with expansion!
This is an exciting opportunity for a reputable and busy company.
Tell me more!!
This company supply into the HVAC industry they are based near Portsmouth. On top of a great salary they'll also offer you 25 days holiday plus the 8 bank holidays, pension contributions and approved cycle to work scheme.
What will I do?
Most importantly your attitude, professionalism and ambition are key to leading by example a very driven team of 7 within milling. The team are a great bunch so along with your great ethic and desire to always continuously improve the team you'll naturally gain their respect. The vast majority of the time you'll be planning, coordinating and strategically improving all aspects of the production flow ensuring expected demand and quality levels are met. You'll show leadership quality by demonstrating your machining credibility by on occasions (holiday cover) manning the machines yourself to get stuck in and show you can chip in when necessary.
What do I need?
- Extensive experience in a machine shop floor environment.
- Work day planning of all staff
- Communication of production needs diving work out to different staff.
- A good amount of people leading experience within engineering.
- Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- A good understanding of QHSE standards
- To demonstrate beyond any doubt critical values required - ambition, genuine desire to help others, always looking for the solution, positivity, giving your all and always looking to continuously improve!
- Ideally coming from a similar sized workshop and can demonstrate having a really broad range of relating engineering experience.
Click apply or call Steph Gray at FPR Group on 023 92453377 or find me on Linked In for a confidential chat.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I work in the Technical and Engineering team and enjoy continually expanding my knowledge and skills in this sector all of the time. To know that I have helped someone to find their perfect job is the greatest achievement. I enjoy speaking to my candidates and clients and really understanding them…