Are you looking for a Strategic Buyer position that can utilise your existing skills? We are currently looking for a Strategic Buyer for a large Aerospace company in Fareham on a contract for 12 months to cover maternity leave. This role will be reporting directly into the Purchasing Manager and the main purpose of the Strategic Buyer is to implement & complete actions in line with identified strategies, regularly & continually review strategies to obtain the best solution for cost, quality & delivery aligned with in house manufacturing strategies. The role holder will also constantly look for identify risks to the business & implement mitigation plans & strategies.
The company designs and manufactures aviation parts for both the civil and defence industries, they are a global company which deal with companies all across the world.
What will you be doing?
- Assist with the Contract Review process when required
- Manage the negotiation of specific contracts in line with the business targets and objectives
- Responsible for the management of suppliers service rates, quality, cost performance and monitor SLA's in relation to the agreed contract terms and conditions
- Build & develop partnerships with internal customers, key suppliers & customers
- Define & implement strategies & support strategic projects in line with team objectives
- Track & implement cost savings
- Monitor & act accordingly for supplier performance when Buyers require escalation routes, define strategies and action plans for supplier development identifying areas for improvement, with short, medium and long term actions and leveraging opportunities to build strong relationships
- Regularly & continually review Make or Buy strategy to obtain best solution for cost, quality and delivery aligned with "in-house" manufacturing strategies
The ideal candidate
As an experienced Buyer you will have previously worked in a similar role focussed strongly on strategical purchasing. You will have used an MRP/ ERP system such as SAP, you will also ideally be working towards or already CIPS qualified. You will have strong negotiation skills and will have previously worked in purchasing for a manufacturing company.
What will you get out of it?
The salary for this role is circa £35000 (according to experience). They can also offer you 25 Days holiday(+B/hols), Childcare Vouchers, Pension Scheme, onsite Costa Coffee & subsidised canteen, Free Parking, use of a pool company car, laptop, mobile and non-contractual company bonus.
If you wish to have a discreet conversation to learn more about the opportunity, please ring and ask to speak to Emma, or alternatively please click apply to submit your CV and we will be in touch!
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Emma White MIRP CertRP
I am a senior consultant at FPR Group who specialises in Office Support & Commercial recruitment for both temporary & permanent positions. I have been with FPR Group for 4 years and take great pride in helping both my candidates and my clients with their recruitment needs and career moves.…