Supply Chain Manager
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to join an impressive and growing international based FMCG manufacturing organisation. This is a permanent position to be based in Fareham with around 10% of international travel required for this role. You will be responsible for managing the end to end supply chain for products to achieve the desired customer service levels. You will work with the Commercial team to launch new products whilst supporting existing products out in the market. You will also work with the Operations teams on inventory, packaging, and manufacturing strategies to support the products.
Applicants are invited to apply through the Commercial Division of FPR Group and interviews will be carried out shortly.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Establishes and maintains replenishment targets and inventory policies for inventory in all regions. Facilitates data mining efforts and leverages analysis of the division's worldwide inventories to accomplish tasks like inventory balancing and excess and obsolete risk determinations.
- Allocates inventory for which only scarce supply is available based on documented fair-share methodologies. Methodologies must be determined and agreed to with key partners (Marketing, Sales, Finance, etc.)
- Monitors product flows to ensure timely product production, shipping, and receipts in the distribution centres to ensure inventory targets are met.
- Develops worldwide product family and SKU rationalisation plans.
- Generates, reviews, and suggests changes to the demand forecasts with the Marketing department to ensure forecasts are consistent with the sales plan. Ensures that the assumptions underlying the forecasts are rigorously challenged and understood.
- Supports new product introduction (NPI) through collaboration with cross-functional sources and new product teams.
- Generates unconstrained global net requirements, using revised forecasts and inventory information in order to facilitate manufacturing commitments.
- Reviews capacity availability by plant and product families. Identifies areas where unconstrained net requirements cannot be met and works with manufacturing to develop resource allocation strategies and then closes the loop with marketing in order to manage realistic expectations.
- Evaluates key performance indicators to evaluate product production relative to committed build plans, forecasts relative to consumption, and inventory levels relative to targets on an ongoing basis and for use at S&OP meetings.
- Identifies and resolves product backorder situations by working with Marketing, Manufacturing and Logistics departments, and international Regional Demand Planners (RDPs).
- Assists with the planning and coordination of production activities between the packaging and manufacturing plants. This would include source of supply changes and product configuration changes (new items, branding/private label changes, package changes, etc.)
You will require the following skills and experience:-
- Analytical capability - analysis of large amounts of data
- Intermediate skill in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with a formal planning system
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Management or related field
- Experience in production planning or supply chain planning, in a controlled QSR and ISO production environment.
- APICS certification preferred
- Experience with supply management - inventory policy setting and interfacing with operations
- Demand Forecasting experience
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Emma White MIRP CertRP
I am a senior consultant at FPR Group who specialises in Office Support & Commercial recruitment for both temporary & permanent positions. I have been with FPR Group for 4 years and take great pride in helping both my candidates and my clients with their recruitment needs and career moves.…