You can view all our current jobs here.
Full Time - Temporary ASAP - September 2021
FPR Group have been given an exciting opportunity to recruit for a talented individual looking for a new opportunity as a Supply Officer. The Supply Officer (IT Stores) would be working as part of the IT Client Team. The role requires close working with Capita to deliver IT Services to the organisation. The purpose of the role is to ensure that the organisation has sufficient stores of the right kind of IT equipment, at the right time, to enable the organisation to meet its operational and day to day requirements. If you believe you meet the requirements listed below, please get in contact today.
In this role, you will be responsible for the stockholding, upkeep, stock accountability, security, and dispatch of IT equipment. The role holder will be required to manage the demands of stores located in the post room at County Hall, Chichester. Through flexibility of approach and team working, the role holder will need to be able to prioritise work to meet the needs of the organisation and dispatch equipment as required, working with minimal supervision. This will be achieved by utilising various computer-based applications such as MS Office and other case management software.
There will be a requirement to lift, carry and manoeuvre IT equipment of moderate weight.
- To manage the IT stores (IT peripherals including mobile devices and mobile accounts) as required.
- To control and maintain all stock control records using computer-based systems such as MS Office products, i.e. ensuring that all IT equipment issued is accounted for by correct entry on appropriate asset tracker, is packed and labelled correctly and placed for delivery, and that items returned can be reused.
- Maintain stock levels, advise on and order any new items of stock within appropriate approval processes.
- To ensure full security of all stores areas at all times and allow no unauthorised entry. Ensure all areas are locked when not in attendance.
- To carry out asset tagging of IT equipment as required.
- Receive deliveries and goods inwards and ensure onward distribution and delivery to end users as appropriate. Check deliveries against orders to ensure they are correct on arrival.
- To make arrangements for disposal of unusable returned IT equipment.
- Maintain records to ensure accurate management information is available and up to date, including records for recharging purposes.
- Be prepared to help with other light clerical duties and keep the stores clean and tidy at all times.
- To foster safety consciousness and continuously be aware of own safety and the safety of others in the work area. In particular, follow H&S policies and procedures, report accidents, near hit situations and developing or new hazards to immediate appropriate line manager, assist when appropriate in the completion of accident reports and accident investigations, and co-operate with actions needed to prevent accidents, abuse or interference with equipment.
What you will need to succeed:
- Work with minimal supervision
- Methodical and organized
- Customer focused
- Partnership working
Qualifications and/or experience:
- GCSE level or equivalent in Maths & English or equivalent
- Experience in using information technology / computers to input data, such as MS Excel, Word, Outlook
- Proven experience of juggling priorities and the ability to work under own
- Significant experience of ensuring that identified requirements for service delivery are met and that a high standard of customer care is
- Experience of working in a supply and stores environment - Desirable
- Monday - Friday
- £10.41 per hour, paid on a weekly basis.
We are looking to set up interviews as soon as possible, so if you are excited by the sound of this job opportunity CLICK APPLY today or if you would like to hear more information contact Sophie on 01243-778021
FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.