Technical and Compliance Officer
You can view all our current jobs here.
Job DescriptionAre you a motivated Compliance Professional looking for a new and challenging role?
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Compliance Officer whose key role will be to ensure our client operate in a legally compliant and ethical manner whilst meeting all business objective. The role will work from either the Reigate or Portsmouth site, dependent on the location of the successful applicant.
Our client is a leader in the field of vehicle repair who are rapidly expanding and look for enthusiasm, dedication and a hard work ethic in their staff. They will offer you 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and benefits such as pension scheme, Christmas parties and a salary of £28,000 per annum subject to experience.
The successful Technical and Compliance Manager will take responsibility for assessing and identifying any non-compliance or risks in addition to evaluating and taking remedial action to ensure any re-occurrence is avoided. The role encompasses key areas to include BSI, GDPR, and Health & Safety, with a range of tasks as below:
- Ensure all sites run in accordance with BS10125 (focuses on Personnel, Equipment, Methods and Materials).
- Take full ownership of GDPR compliance across the business and taking position of Data Protection Officer
- Own all dealings with the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Close liaison with IT Suppliers and Managers to ensure all GDPR requirements are met with adherence being monitored.
- Work closely with Partners, providing all information as required
- Data Privacy Impact Assessment
- Assess the risk to health and safety of employees or anyone who may be affected by the work activity
- Site visits to ensure compliance
- Communication with internal and external Customers and Suppliers
- Monitoring and maintaining logs for PPE and RPE
- Organise Health surveillance checks for appropriate staff, working closely with HR
- Waste management, equipment servicing and maintenance
As a person you will be a team player who takes responsibility and have an innovative approach to problem solving, always keen to do the right thing, and should have the following;
- Proven experience as a Compliance Manager or Officer with a strong business acumen
- BSc / BA in Law, Finance, Business Administration of a related field
- Experience in risk management with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of legal requirements and control GDPR, Health & Safety at work
- Familiarity of industry practises
- Professional certification (e.g. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is a bonus
FPR Group are an agency acting on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.