Technical / Customer Support Engineer - Aviation
The Engineering division of FPR Group are recruiting for dynamic Customer / Technical Support Engineers to work for a well-established and successful Aviation/Aerospace company in the Portsmouth area.
You would be working for a company who are recruiting new team members due to internal promotions, they encourage career progression and growing the next star.
For salary details please email/call or contact me, but looking at the market, the salary is competitive we do have some flexibility depending on skills/experience. The company also have a contributory pension scheme and operate flexible working hours! Other benefits include the ability to buy shares (after qualifying period), 24 days holiday, health discounts, friendly environment, discounted canteen.
Should you apply?
This would suit someone who has a qualification in an engineering discipline (e.g. HNC, HND, degree etc) and has worked within a customer facing role.
You need to have had exposure to a production/engineering or manufacturing environment or something similar
Knowledge of aviation or aerospace would be ideally but other industries will be considered providing they are transferable.
People who are dynamic, team players would fit well into the team
This will see you providing professional, technical and commercial support to meet customer requirements, ensuring the highest level of customer service is achieved.
What else will you be doing?
- Provide technical advice and support and training to the internal customer
- Travel to visit customers and OEM's worldwide - Visit customers as per contact plan in order to evaluate needs and build positive relationships
- Identify opportunities to develop business with existing customer base
- Produce work instructions, OEM specifications and Customer Special Requirements
- Agree realistic turnaround times and promised delivery dates with internal/external customers
- Ensure technical documentation is updated as required, produce customer status/engine reports and other relevant information as required
- Prepare cost estimates to submit to external customers as required
- Project manage from initial contact, discuss workscope with OEM and customer, provide technical support, status reports and technical reports.
- Carry out analysis of test data through liaison with the Test Cell
- Provide technical/engineering support to customers during field visits and in response to incoming queries
- Collate and quantify information to enable the release of product
- Participate in defect investigations and incident report investigations as required.
- Active participation in the Material Review Board
- Participate in Out of Hours support
Please call Tracy De Pass to discuss the role in more detail or apply for the role by sending us your CV or clicking apply.
FPR Group are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…