Technical Support Chemist
You can view all our current jobs here.
We are working with an international life sciences company who design and manufacture instruments and consumables environmental and bioscience laboratories. They have an excellent reputation with analysis instruments and sample preparation equipment. As well as operating in the UK and Europe, they also have a business in America. This role would be predominately based out of their site in Wrexham.
In your role at Technical Support Chemist you will be responsible for:
- Performing on-site instrument installations, commissioning and trainings
- Contacting customers to book installation/training dates, booking all travel and preparing paperwork for customer installation/training
- Maintaining expense reports and office calendar
- Customer follow-up after installation/training and telephone / e-mail troubleshooting for customers
- Analysing customer data including assigning diagnostic tests and updating customer files
- Performing application and method development when required, researching possible products to recommend to customers and to sell
- Perform diagnostics on in-house instruments intended for customer loans
- Perform software testing
- Laboratory maintenance and cleaning
- Assignments as required for business promotion/expansion
- Assist with instrument servicing
- Supporting the Sales Manager
What do I need?
We are looking to speak to people a Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or closely related degree (please include the grade you achieved), ideally with some experience in a laboratory environment in the work place but fresh graduates may still be considered. We would consider other qualifications if you have more than 5 years in an analytical laboratory.
We are looking for people who are passionate about their work, people who are self-motivated and able to travel for work (3 to 4 times a month for a few days at a time (circa 3 days at a time)
You will need to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and working as part of a team. It is key that you are able to communicate effectively with customers and other employees of the organisation, for some of whom, English is their second language.
Excel skills are essential as is some knowledge of PowerPoint. Full UK Driving license required.
This role is paying circa £18000 to £20000 for graduates and circa mid £30's for someone more experienced. Benefits include 22 days holiday, parking, pension scheme, health insurance, car allowance and insurance after successfully pass probation.
Please apply, or you can ring Tracy on 02392 483944 anytime to submit your application and learn more.
FPR Group is acting within the capacity of a Recruitment Agency for their client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…