Tooling Project Engineer
You can view all our current jobs here.
Are you working within Injection Moulding and looking to move to a large, secure company who value their employees? We are recruiting for a Tooling Project Engineer who will look after New Tooling Programmes/Projects to ensure quality, cost and time frames are met as well as supporting the procurement of tools and developing suppliers.
- source, vet and manage potential toolmaker suppliers
- be responsible for all new injection mould tooling
- project manage all New Tooling, liaising with both internal and external departments
- discuss costs, timing and tooling concept directions with customers
- liaise with designers on the feasibility of components, guiding design to ensure tools are designed for production and adhere to quality and efficiency targets
- pull together cross-functional teams for completion or projects
- investigating new opportunities in new tooling / processing technologies / techniques and presenting them to plant for evaluation.
- monitor and maintain tool delivery and cost targets.
This role is paying circa £35000 to £42000 but that does depend on experience and/or suitability for the role. benefits include 5 weeks holiday, parking, pension scheme (contributory), subsidised canteen, cycle to work scheme, Discount scheme (for various shops and businesses).
The company is easily commutable from Portsmouth, Southampton, Waterlooville, Fareham, Cosham, Havant and surrounding areas.
What do I need?
You will need to have solid, hands-on moulding and process knowledge
Engineering qualification/apprenticeship along with strong engineering experience
Previous injection moulding experience is a must
Mould design experience would be great but applications will still be considered without this
Knowledge of Tool procurement process and procedures or Commercial awareness
3D CAD system awareness
Latest tooling methods and techniques
Awareness of Design and FEA tools
It would be a bonus if you have Project management Training (Prince 2) but this can be taught
Please apply, or you can ring Tracy on 02392 483944 anytime to submit your application and learn more.
FPR Group is acting within the capacity of a Recruitment Agency for their client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…