You can view all our current jobs here.
£23,00 + DOE
Negotiable on salary expectations
We are excited to be working with a fantastic company that is searching for more Town Planners to join their well established team. Are you ready to start your career in Town Planning or have town planning experience before? We are looking for both experience and non experienced candidates. However, it is important you have a good attitude, drive to want to succeed and be a friendly willing member of a team!
Your aim will be to balance the conflicting demands of housing, industrial development, agriculture, recreation, transport and the environment, in order to allow appropriate development to take place. The office is located in the beautiful countryside surrounding Bosham and Chichester Harbour, this successful family run business has an enviable client base of private equity investors and businesses and want to grow with you being part of the team!
You will be working in a small team within a larger team in the office. It's a relaxed but professional office environment but it's busy too, which helps maintain the momentum of a thriving and growing company. An opportunity not to be missed!
- Cover a broad area of work using many different skills
- Develop creative and original planning solutions to satisfy all parties
- Consult with stakeholders and other interested parties
- Negotiate with council officers, elected councillors and other professionals, such as surveyors and architects
- Research planning policies to guide development
- Draft Planning, Design and Access Statements
- Use information technology systems such as computer-aided design (CAD) or geographical information systems (GIS)
- Attend and present at planning boards, appeals and public inquiries
- Keep up to date with legislation associated with land use
- Schedule available resources to meet planning targets
Other Essential skills include:
- Commercially minded.
- Creative thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills to come up with imaginative solutions to planning problems
- A flexible approach and initiative and innovation to respond to changes and come up with regeneration solutions
- Strong report-writing, communication and organisational skills for liaising with colleagues, developers, architects and possibly members of the public
- The ability to both work as part of a team and manage an individual caseload
- Project-management skills
- An aptitude for listening to, and negotiating with, a range of people
- The ability to work with accuracy and attention to detail, in order to ensure planning details are exact.
MSc in Town Planning from an RTPI Accredited Course (Senior) + at least two years' experience at a local planning authority or private consultancy.
BA Hons in transferable course (Junior).
- £23,000 entry level - £26,000 + for candidates with previous experience within the industry, depending on experience and qualifications. Negotiable on salaries
- Access to team bonus scheme and other perks
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays which include a two-week Christmas closure of the office without having to use your holiday
- A contributory pension
- Travel expenses
- Flexible hours over the week
- Hybrid working on offer
- Team social days out
- Free parking
The ability to travel is essential and access to private vehicle and UK driving license preferred.
- 32 hours per week with flexible working hours (core hours 10.00am - 4.00pm)
Sound good? Want to know more?
Please contact Sophie or click on the 'Apply Now' Button.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.