You can view all our current jobs here.
The Main Purpose of the Job:
To Support the Structural and Architectural steelwork division in preparing responses to a variety of enquiries, and preparation of technical and commercial proposals for tendering purposes.
· To learn to work from from technical drawings and specifications to produce concise and effective technical proposals in response to customer requests.
· To train to deliver accurate tenders with commercial aspects in mind, while also delivering to clients requirements.
· To learn to investigate ways of reducing price through supply chain, method of fabrication/installation or value engineering, etc.
· To train to complete maintenance of tender project documentation including internal governance requirements.
· To assist with the development of standardised documentation packs for on-going proposal use.
· To train in conjunction with Sales and Operational heads to identify and collate project risks.
· To train in Liaising with internal resources and external partners to build up tender cost model.
· Production of tender compliance documentation
· Other duties appropriate to the level of this role.
· Training will be provided for all of the above.
Qualifications and/or Experience Required:
· Enthusiastic, proactive and organised individual with good use of initiative.
· Experience of the structural and architectural steelwork market preferred, but not essential.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Confident in approaching new contacts.
· Experience in a commercial environment desirable.
· Excellent use of written and spoken English language.
· Computer literate and conversant in the use of software packages such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
· Competent with the use of Internet explorer and online research.
· Full Driving Licence
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I work in the Technical and Engineering team. I am continually adding to my fast-growing knowledge in this field, I thrive on speaking to people every single day, learning more about them and getting them into their next role. I enjoy helping and supporting candidates transiting through our process…