You can view all our current jobs here.
Are you an experienced warehouse operative seeking a long-term job? Do you have experience handling raw materials? If so then check out this new opportunity to join a manufacturing company based in Waterlooville!
- Weighing materials: The primary duty is to accurately measure and weigh different types of materials using scales or weighing equipment. This could include solids, liquids, powders, or other forms of materials.
- Recordkeeping: Documenting and recording the weights of materials accurately and systematically. This may involve using manual logbooks, computer systems, or specialised software to track and store the data.
- Quality control: Conducting quality control checks to ensure that the materials meet specific weight requirements or standards. This could involve comparing the measured weights against target weights or predetermined specifications.
- Inventory management: Assisting in inventory management by tracking the quantities and weights of materials in stock. This helps maintain accurate records of the available inventory levels.
- Communication and collaboration: Collaborating with colleagues, supervisors, or other departments to coordinate weighing activities and relay important information regarding the materials being weighed. Effective communication ensures smooth operations and minimises errors.
- Troubleshooting: Identifying and resolving any issues or discrepancies related to the weighing process. This may involve investigating measurement discrepancies, identifying potential sources of error, and implementing corrective actions.
- Reporting: Generating reports or summaries of weighing activities, such as daily, weekly, or monthly reports. These reports may include information on the weights of materials, any anomalies or discrepancies encountered, and other relevant details.
- Adhering to safety protocols: Following safety guidelines and precautions while handling materials, especially hazardous substances. This includes wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and understanding and adhering to safety data sheets (SDS) for hazardous materials.
Working hours are Monday - Friday 8am-4pm paying £11.50ph.
FPR Group are acting as an employment business.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.