You can view all our current jobs here.
Are you a passionate cook wanting a new opportunity? Look no further, our well-established client is looking for a weekend cook in a stunning remote location just outside of Midhurst. If you enjoy cooking, preparing and interacting with friendly customers then this is the job for you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepares food to the specification of the Head of Housekeeping.
- Prepares food for the Partners arrival on the first Sunday and subsequently the middle weekend of their stay.
- Prepares and cooks food items to the specific dietary requirements of each Partner.
- Operates various kitchen appliances such as a blender, oven, grill, food processor, mixer and microwave.
- Portions, arranges and garnishes food based on the Partners preferences.
- Keeps records of fridge temperatures and stock levels and notifies the Head of Housekeeping when necessary.
- Manages and oversees the carer.
- Cleans up after service.
- Alters dishes/recipes based on the Partners suggestions or requirements.
- Liaises with the Head of Housekeeping during the menu planning stage.
- Prepare, cook and serve wholesome meals to Applicants and their escorts attending training courses and applicant assessment days
- Undertake kitchen cleaning duties
- Interact with Applicants and their carers during their time at the Training Centre
Salary: £8.84 per hour
Hours: Up to 12.5 hours per week. When 12-day residential courses are running (of which there are up to 20 a year):
- First Sunday 14:00 - 18:00
- Middle Saturday 09:00 - 18:00
- Middle Sunday 09:00 - 13:30
- A rota for the year ahead will be provided but is subject to change.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with a wide range of people
- Highly effective interpersonal skills with the ability to make people feel at ease
- Ability to prepare and cook both hot and cold wholesome meals
- Ability to listen and empathise
- Good general standard of education
- Basic understanding of nutrition
- Knowledge of special dietary needs
- Attention to detail
- Able to undertake some heavy / strenuous duties
- Flexible and adaptable
- Personable and approachable
- Team worker yet able to work on own initiative
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate
- Manual Handling certificate
- Knowledge of food hygiene
- Some knowledge of human physical disabilities
- Compatibility with Charity values: excellence/respect/passion/teamwork/the personal touch/innovation
If you would like to know more about the role and receive a detailed job description, please click apply now!! Or contact Sophie at FPR Group on 01243 778021.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.