You can view all our current jobs here.
We have an exciting position as a weighbridge operator available at one of the biggest recycling sites in Brighton on a temporary basis.
In this position you will be required to operate the Weighbridge and accurately record the weights of the vehicles both leaving and entering the site, instruct the drivers in line with health and safety procedures and collate detailed records of your findings as well as complete various other task listed below;
- Where appropriate, implement the Company's charges for the acceptance of waste, the weighing of vehicles and sale of materials
- Complete accurate and detailed records for the export of materials in line with legislation
- Respond to telephone and email enquiries and instructions
- Liaise with other site personnel to ensure that the Weighbridge is maintained during the site's opening hours and to work additional hours to provide cover in cases of absence and holidays and any temporary amendments to the opening hours that may be required on occasion
- Provide support to the site Supervisor, and carry out any reasonable work requests
- Undertake all tasks in accordance with the Company's Quality and Environment Management System and Health and Safety Regulations
- Maintain the weighbridge building in a clear and tidy state as per work instruction
- Shift pattern of 4 days on early shift, 2 days off, 4 days of lateshift, 2 days and repeat.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications;
- Previous experience within a similar role is prefered however, not essential to be successful in this position
- Good all round administrative ability
- Numerical ability with attention to detail
- Methodical and organised
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- An effective team member with good communication skills
- IT literate; Word, Excel, WIMMS, SAP
How to get involved
If you feel you tick the boxes for this role feel free to send us a CV or give us a call and ask for Dan.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.