Health and Safety
It is the company policy to take all reasonable steps to prevent personal injury and to protect everyone from foreseeable work hazards. This includes staff, visitors to the site and the general public in so far as they come into contact with the activities of the company.
The Directors are committed to a programme of continuous improvement in developing the health and safety culture and performance of the company
on-going prevention of injury and ill health to its workforce, its client’s employees and the general public.
The Directors have overall responsibility for the implementation of this policy via the management team for the following key areas:
- To ensure that all managers and supervisors are aware of their responsibilities under current legislation and for the implementation of such in the areas under their control.
- To provide and maintain equipment, plant and working conditions which are safe and without risk to health.
- To carry out risk assessments, where necessary, and bring to the attention of FPR Group staff and the customer findings of such assessments.
- To ensure that all goods and services purchased by the Company conform to all appropriate safety legislation.
- To provide appropriate information, training and instruction to enable all employees to perform their work safely and effectively.
- To ensure that the client / site specific Health & Safety Regulations are complied with at all times to ensure that, where applicable, any sub-contractors are approved for use and are aware of their responsibilities and co-operate in the implementation of this policy.
- To make available all necessary safety equipment and protective clothing and equipment.
- To inform all employees of their duties and responsibilities under the legislation including the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) with particular emphasis on the following obligations:
It shall be the duty of every employee whilst at work to:
Take reasonable care of the Health & Safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work; and as regards any duty or requirement imposed on FPR Group or any other person or under the relevant statutory provisions, to co-operate with this so far as is necessary to enable that duty or requirement to be performed or complied with.
This policy will be made available and accessible and communicated to all employees via a number of means including Site packs, this website and our employee handbook.
No person shall intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare in regard to any of the relevant statutory provisions.
All employees of FPR Group are expected to show commitment to safety. Any employee found to have wilfully breached the above points of the Health & Safety at Work Act (1974) will be liable to disciplinary action which could result in dismissal.